Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saving Material Dynamic Instance? Or Saving Texture file

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Saving Material Dynamic Instance? Or Saving Texture file

    Hi, I'm trying to save my player's avatar image but it seems the material gets deleted every time I -reload the game.

    I saved the variable into a save game object, but it always returns empty when I re-load the game.

    How do I work my way around this?

    #2
    Originally posted by LoveTune View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to save my player's avatar image but it seems the material gets deleted every time I -reload the game.

    I saved the variable into a save game object, but it always returns empty when I re-load the game.

    How do I work my way around this?
    It's sounds like you have a bug in the saving process, can you show it?

    Here's a typical save process ( this is just a macro to save a float ):

    Click image for larger version

Name:	SG.PNG
Views:	205
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1722002

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by ClockworkOcean View Post

      It's sounds like you have a bug in the saving process, can you show it?

      Here's a typical save process ( this is just a macro to save a float ):

      Click image for larger version  Name:	SG.PNG Views:	0 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	1722002
      Thank you for your reply. As far as the saving goes, I got most of the stuff working (Morphs, Hair color, player location, level, etc)
      Even the Imagine works inside the game =(, but during launch or Package, they dissapear....

      I can't show the blueprint because I've tried to move on from this struggle by making material for each of my slot and assign them accordingly when picture is taken. (Suprisingly render texture also dissapear in package/launch!)


      Is there a way to convert scene texture to static texture file and save it?

      UE4 doesn't seems to like dynamic material instance in run time to be kept

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by LoveTune View Post

        Thank you for your reply. As far as the saving goes, I got most of the stuff working (Morphs, Hair color, player location, level, etc)
        Even the Imagine works inside the game =(, but during launch or Package, they dissapear....

        I can't show the blueprint because I've tried to move on from this struggle by making material for each of my slot and assign them accordingly when picture is taken. (Suprisingly render texture also dissapear in package/launch!)


        Is there a way to convert scene texture to static texture file and save it?

        UE4 doesn't seems to like dynamic material instance in run time to be kept
        Not sure about that, sorry. But using dynamic materials at run time is fine of course...

        Comment


          #5
          Yes in run time is fine, but can it be stored in run time?

          The avatar is showing up until I re-open the game :3

          same with render target texture

          Comment

          Working...
          X