Component replication(dedicated server)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component replication(dedicated server)

I have a quest manager component attached to my player state. The component comes from an exernal Quest Extension plugin. I have an an issue passing an object from dedicated server to client. The player state asks the server to start the quest, then on the client side i'm trying to add it to a questlog. I do this on a 'Run on owning client' RPC call, passing the quest object from the server. However, the RPC call on client has quest value 'None'. How can i pass an object from server to client? The quest extension is an external plugin, which is apparently network replicated, but if i tick the quest manager 'component replicates' to true, i get crash with Assertion Failed: isSupportedForNetworking(). Do i need 'component replicates' true, for this to work? I have tried overriding IsSupportedForNetworking() - returning true - in the plugin component, but i'm still getting the same error message. It all works fine with listen server. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Eanir View Post
    It all works fine with listen server. Any help would be much appreciated.
    That's really the core clue right there dude...
    You cant have any UI on Dedicated Server...
    Search Widget / Dedicated Server Posts...

Comment

Originally posted by ClavosTech View Post
      Search Widget / Dedicated Server Posts...
      Thanks, found the problem. I was calling the UI function directly from the RPC. I had to make a custom event in the UI event graph and call that from the RPC. So simple.

Comment

Working...
      X