Exposing dispatcher's self pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exposing dispatcher's self pin

Is it possible to expose dispatcher's self pin?

I got dispatcher that I'm calling whenever I drop an item. I got collision box that binds event to mentioned dispatcher when dropped objects is in collision.

It looks like on the screen below. My question is: Is it possible to expose self node so I will get object reference that called dispatcher?(Part drawed in paint)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	125.1 KB ID:	1720601EDIT:
    I know I could add another pin and call it self like on the screen below but it feels redundant. I was wondering if there is any build in option for that
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	55
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	1720603
    Last edited by S_Q_R; 02-13-2020, 05:36 AM.

I believe that's not possible. Like you already said, it will require adding a new input parameter if you want to pass information about the caller.
    Unreal Possibilities
    Wave Spawning System [50% OFF] | Tower Defense Starter Kit [50% OFF] | Grid Creation Systems [50% OFF]

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrage256 View Post
      I believe that's not possible. Like you already said, it will require adding a new input parameter if you want to pass information about the caller.
      Thanks for the reply. I will stick to that. To the future guys that will wonder same thing. Don't call your input pin Self. It will mess some unreal stuff up and you will get error.

Comment

Working...
      X