Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blueprint Loop iteration limit

Hello everyone,
    I'm currently facing problem with loop in blueprint scripting.
    First, I set max loop iteration in project settings to 1 000 000 000.
    I'm using loop to build 8 64*64*64 cubes.
    The result should be a total of 2 097 152 iteration but I have an inifinite loop detection error when I start the project.
    The same script works when I change cube's size to 32*32*32, so the problem is not the script itself.
    How can I overcome this problem?
    Why do I reach the loop limit?

Thanks for your answer.

Test in standalone.

You can also check ...
    Project Settings -> Engine -> General Settings -> Max Loop Iteration Count.

I'm hoping you're aware of the impacts of large loops.

Comment

Thanks.
      Somehow, it's actually working in standalone mode, but how does it affect the number of iteration ?
      I'm aware of the impact of large loops, but it's a one shot to generate the map at the game's begning.
      I shouldn't use it more than once as the map will be saved later in a file.

Comment

Originally posted by Chamilol View Post
        Thanks.
        Somehow, it's actually working in standalone mode, but how does it affect the number of iteration ?
        I'm aware of the impact of large loops, but it's a one shot to generate the map at the game's begning.
        I shouldn't use it more than once as the map will be saved later in a file.
        Not sure exactly what causes it to error in PIE etc. Bug is all I can assume.

Also the type of loop used has an effect on iteration count. I know For Each has more iterations than For. It's confusing I know. Just Google it for more info.

Comment

Working...
        X