How to rotate a pawn around normal vector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to rotate a pawn around normal vector

I am trying to make custom character movement where the mouse X rotates the actor around the normal vector, and i am unsure where to start. Here are some images to show you what I am trying to achieve.

The first photo shows the pawn which is a cube. What i want to do is use the input from the mouse X in order to rotate the actor into something like image 2. I have been looking around everywhere and could not find an answer.

Originally posted by pabolo12345 View Post
    I am trying to make custom character movement where the mouse X rotates the actor around the normal vector, and i am unsure where to start. Here are some images to show you what I am trying to achieve.

The first photo shows the pawn which is a cube. What i want to do is use the input from the mouse X in order to rotate the actor into something like image 2. I have been looking around everywhere and could not find an answer.
    In your image, it's not a rotation around the normal, it's a rotation around the Z axis. ( Your picture was made with the wrong gizmo setting in the editor, try the switch )

Click image for larger version

Name:	gizmo.PNG
Views:	83
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	1712689

Then you'll see it's just around Z as far as the cube is concerned.

As for the rest, are you manipulating a cube, or is it actually a pawn BP?

Comment

Working...
    X