MP problem with client server, need some help here please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP problem with client server, need some help here please

So for months we've tried to make a game, in BP and everything was fine..but then suddenly we couldnt connect or the other who connected just fell to the ground.. so I started out with a new clean thirdperson example.. starting with the mp stuff .. now.. if I dont touch anything.. it seems to work but the moment you make an mainmenu map to start at everything starts to screw up.
    Is it So that I basicly can just have the "world" map and nothing else to make this work or what is it with this engine?
    And just so its said, No I do not want lobby..

EDIT:
    wonder if it has todo with gameinstance really, because when I test with 2 players in editor, one is without pawn, and the other one is without controller but has pawn .. Just love this..
    Last edited by Thunderpwn; 01-16-2020, 02:13 PM.

How are you traveling to the world map from the main menu pics would be helpful

Comment

basicly how its done in Blueprint multiplayer tutorial from unreal, just switched the "lobby" with "world"

Comment

Trying now to blend in the TeamSelect found here on forums just to see, I'll let you know tomorrow how it works

Comment

No, doesnt work that either, not on pie atleast... I will try with standalone..

Comment

Ok, starting with standalone on their own prossess, editor as client.. one host and in this case wait for player to join before selecting character.. seems a sucsess
            Click image for larger version

Name:	success.png
Views:	24
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1710227
            Now to test if server choose a character before the other player

Comment

Yep Problem Solved, but thanx anyhow @Deftones4

Comment

Working...
              X