Celeste style camera positioning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celeste style camera positioning

Hi, I've downloaded Unreal for several days now and is trying to change the default camera from the 2d paper's template version.

I've looked at a lot of places for camera movement, but I still don't understand how to detach the camera from the character and make transitions between zones like in the platformer game Celeste. I read somewhere that turning off auto activation disables camera movement but that step didn't seem to work for me, the camera still follows the player. I assume that the zone transition can be made with a box trigger of some sort, but I have no idea on how to position the camera.

If anyone knows any methods, tips, or even learning materials, please do share them!

Thank you very much, and I hope that I can be part of this awesome community.

Hey Edenfree,

I would suggest looking into the View Target with blend node (it really needs a better name in my opinion). This will allow you to switch between cameras. That way you can transition between following the character and not.

Here is a video I found on youtube that goes over this (I didn't watch all of it but it seems like it should be able to get you pointed in the right direction)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW86ZGxesmc

I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day

Comment

Originally posted by Oak The Wise View Post
      Hey Edenfree,

I would suggest looking into the View Target with blend node (it really needs a better name in my opinion). This will allow you to switch between cameras. That way you can transition between following the character and not.

Here is a video I found on youtube that goes over this (I didn't watch all of it but it seems like it should be able to get you pointed in the right direction)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW86ZGxesmc

I hope that this information helps.

Make it a great day
      Thank you! Coincidentally I ran into that video yesterday just before you replied.

Comment

Working...
      X