Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Bug?][UMG] Image with aspect ratio and horizontally aligned - messes up the size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Bug?][UMG] Image with aspect ratio and horizontally aligned - messes up the size?

My hierarchy (removed some overlay/images since they shouldn't matter):
    - [Root]
    - Horizontal Box
    - some area we don't care about (size fill=0.8)
    - divider (image with width=2, size auto)
    - vertical box (size fill = 0.2)
    - size box
    ‚Äč
    I want the image to show up in the vertical box, with an aspect ratio of 1.7, and be horizontally aligned.
    I tried wrapping it in a size box setting the minimum and maximum aspect ratio to 1.7, and using horizontal aligned, but then the entire image scaled down rather than simply be aligned.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Some picture since it's easier to understand:

(1) Base. This is what it looks like with a size box and aspect ratio set and the image inside, but no alignment set
    Click image for larger version

Name:	base.png
Views:	65
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1701657

(2) Sizebox aligned. This is what happens when I set the sizebox alignment to middle in horizontal. As you can see, it scaled down the image rather than simply aligning it

Name:	sizebox_aligned.png
Views:	39
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1701658

It can be difficult to wrap your head around. It can also be difficult for us to judge without seeing the actual hierarchy. If you have an image in a size box and it's scaling the image down rather than conforming to the size box, I'd wager the image is not set to horizontally and vertically fill.
    Procedural, modular, on-the-fly animation - iTween For UE4
    - Actors - Components - UMG - Ease In - Ease Out - Path-constrained Animation - $0

Runtime Datatable
    -All the fun of DataTables dynamically loaded from text or Google Sheets while your game is running!

Comment

I managed to reproduce it in a smaller project so here are more details:

Click image for larger version  Name:	base.png Views:	0 Size:	201.4 KB ID:	1701675

and 2nd picture with the alignment set:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	base2.png Views:	0 Size:	24.3 KB ID:	1701676

and here's an image showing you'd lose that wager

Name:	base3.png
Views:	36
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	1701677

Comment

Working...
      X