Set widget to face camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set widget to face camera

Hi all. I’m creating a simple VR app which shows a model of a mechanical product, and when the user points their laser to a certain part of the model a widget pops up with relevant information. I need to set that widget to always face the camera (since it can be approached from different angles) but I can’t figure out or find how to achieve that. I’m sure it’s a simple thing but I’d appreciate some help!

This should point it at directly at the camera at all times. Might not be ideal in all scenarios knowing how wobbly VR setups can be. You may want to eventually work in some clamps for one of the axes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Annotation-20191110-101726.png Views:	0 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	1684984

Ensure the Transform (far left) is set to Absolute Rotation. This will need to be run during Tick if the camera angle changes while the widget is displayed.

Comment

One other option maybe, is to add the widget to a widget-component inside the VR player camera blueprint (similar to creating a pop-up interactive HUD inside a vehicle etc)...

Comment

Working...
      X