Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projectile collision

Hi

I am making a simple "shooter" game. The main character is a Sphere with a Sphere gun which shoot Sphere projectile (I know).
    I created a simple AI which every 3 second move to the main character position.

The problem is that the projectil only detect a collision when the AI is moving. If the AI doesn't move, there is no hit. As you can see on the pictures, i use the event "on hit component" of the projectile and i use the root component ("Body").

I don't know how to solve this problem... Help

I think you have to "cast to the projectile_BP" on "event hit". Otherwise it does not know what hit it.

Comment

Hi

i made this video to show my problem precisely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN9NCKuiAU0

(Sorry for my French accent)

Comment

Well I wonder if you have the projectile set to "simulate physics"? And do they have a collision sphere? The projectiles should collide with the wall as long as they are simulating physics. I am guessing that you don't want to do anything special when hitting the wall other than bouncing or getting destroyed? Then you should do what I wrote and "cast to" your enemy sphere so that it knows to do something when hitting that actor. You can add damage and cast that to the enemy as a example. Try the things I mentioned I think that should do it. I am not an expert but I think this is the source of your problems.

Comment

Hi

I fixed my problem.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X