Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening the Door with E, then suddenly closing behind the player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening the Door with E, then suddenly closing behind the player.

Good evening all.
    I am having a slight problem with one of my door blueprints.
    I able to press E to open the door no problem. Then if I either end overlap on the trigger collision or begin overlap on a new trigger to quickly close the door behind the player.
    The door does close but then if I try it again, the door will freak out and open/close without any time line transition but just a snap.

Thoughts, Ideas are much appreciated.

plug the exec wire into "play from start" instead of "play". You are basically resuming the animation on that last anim frame, hence the snapping. Also, your doOnce nodes are being reset on every frame of animation, so they are basically doing nothing.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I made the changes you made and there really is no improvement.

Now Actions happen how they are suppose to, but upon finishing, the door snaps back to the open position instead of being closed.

Comment

my only guess there is that both timelines are running so whichever timeline runs longer will override the result of the other.

you could just use one timeline that "play"s to open and "reverse"s to close.

Comment

Working...
        X