trampoline for an object

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You should set the Z velocity to 0 and then add a specific amount of Z velocity each time, instead of multiplying by -2, if you want a consistent result. Currently, each time you multiply the velocity it is likely a slightly different value than before, based on the physics engine and/or the time at which the hit is detected.
    (Thinking about this more, I guess you would be subjected to this problem anyway. So it might depend on when you are causing the velocity to invert.)

If you need it to bounce to the same height it started at, you might need to calculate how much Z velocity you need to add based on the object's highest point, which you could roughly calculate right as the Z velocity went from 0/+ to negative.

*** "Physical Materials" might be the best way.***
    You would need to set the "restitution" to 1 and apply the physical material on BOTH static mesh's under Collision > Phys Material Override, OR set the "restitution" to 1 and set the "Restitution Combine Mode" to "max" and apply the physical material to at least one of the static meshes, which should cause the bounce height to stay consistent, assuming you are bouncing on a flat surface.
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...ide/index.html
    Last edited by Geezius; 09-11-2019, 02:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MostHost LA View Post
    Look into physical materials.
    its possible in BP too, but why overcomplicate things?
    I dont see any physic meterial who seem to do this and I can't find one by googling it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Look into physical materials.
    its possible in BP too, but why overcomplicate things?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic trampoline for an object

trampoline for an object

Hi, I tried to create a trampoline for object so that it get a rebound with a very constant velocity. So far it does not exactly work, It bounce back but the velocity is not constant, you can see the base of the unreal logic in the photo and the result on this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So6x...ature=youtu.be

I tried to change the multiplicator to from -1 to -1.00767 and it is actually kind of working, but I am a sucker for constant exact number for various reason and I would like to know if it is someting possible

thanks
Working...
X