Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lock on causes bad jittering on listen server.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lock on causes bad jittering on listen server.

jitter was prob always there but when the guys are moving 2500mph im not surprised. what does surprise me is that the lockon looks t-totally smooth on the clients and when the listen server locks on it looks like ****. the server still hits the dude and all so its just visually bad and not game breaking but its just so **** awful. I thought maybe its cause we actually dont use the skeletal mesh and just attach a static mesh and some mat billboards to the mesh and use attach parent bound. the listen server basically sees two clients when the client is dodging around at mach 3. how do we get the listen server to look like the clients. already tried my hand at a dedicated but oh god it was hell setting one up and it didn't even work. we are just using console commands to test out the prototype before we devote our lives to the project. any help is greatly appreciated. is there any way to interpolate attached components in 4.22. the prototype is a mess in blueprints and sounds like one of those horror stories that is told by the epic dev dude on youtube. wanna just know what is possible. tried all the solutions I could find on google. it looks like it is the attached components issue.

You probably have 2 concurrent updates to direction (or location) that are fighting over pawn. If this happens only on listen server then you probably run some code twice there, once as server and once as "fake" client.
    Make print function that prints client name (or id) right next to location/rotation update, and see if listen server does it once or twice.

Comment

I will definitely try that but im not sure the problem is the actual interpolation as the problem only happens when the listen is locked onto a client. during lock on we set the control rotation for the player. the game is fast so they still have to aim a little bit since the control rotation is set every frame. this is when I see two of one client while im locked on. I decided to set actor rotation and control rotation at the same time together (which is basically an aim bot in this game). Ive tried rinterp to smooth it out but no luck. but as long as I set the actor rotation and control rotation the listen server sees only one client while he is locked on. Setting control rotation is something we wanted to do for a rifle or a gun weapon because at mach 3 you still had to do a little bit of aiming to hit. setting actor rotation and control rotation together removes the ability to dodge anything for clients and listen server. The spaghetti is a mess right now because this is still prototyping phase and wanted to rebuild the project when we felt that gameplay was final. It seems there are still issues with interpolation on listen servers even after all the work and mach 3 movement is when it starts showing. I will try the print function and see if I can get anything to pop up twice regarding location. I guess there is something somewhere that needs an authority node? the problem with our movement we stuck with the character movement component since everything is already replicated by default. this might be a mess to fix. ive seen a lot of idies just going dedicated to fix interp on listen.

Comment

ok we have discovered the client is actually seeing two clients. the reason its more noticeable while locked on is because the control rotation is being set so many times per second resulting in the position being different every other frame. every screen shot is showing only one dude. but on the listen server screen while playing it appears to be two dudes? like the client is being jerked back every other frame or something making it appear to be doubles. I noticed while not locked on you can still see it. I dont understand why is instead of setting control rotation and setting the actor rotation (which is basically an aimbot) it appears to be okay. I think there is still an interp issue and the 2500mph movement is bringing that out or im doing something wrong as far as the client telling the server where he is. should I be replicating movement of the actor? like in the check box. isn't the movement component already replicated or something

Comment

Working...
        X