Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does changing spring arm target offset update the camera world location?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does changing spring arm target offset update the camera world location?

Hi,
    I have the following setup. There is a spring arm with a camera attached to it. In some cases, I need to update spring arm target offset. But I noticed that the camera world location is not updated right away. In other words, if I print the camera world location, then change the target offset and then print it again, I get exactly the same output. I suspect that the camera location is updated in the following tick (although I cannot find any proof of that in the documentation). The problem is, that it seems that mouse wheel events which I use to trigger the target offset update may come more often than the tick itself (if you have a really fast mouse), which results in incorrect calculations, because two consecutive updates would use the same old value. Can anyone comment on that? To summarize, these are the two questions:

1) If I update the target offset of a spring arm, when does it affect what I get from the camera's GetWorldLocation?
    2) Is it true that MouseWheel events may actually come more often than tick events? In other words that there may be multiple MouseWheelUp/Down events between two tick events?

Thanks
    Last edited by Aros_Prince; 08-28-2019, 07:58 AM.

1 try getting camera offset as location is technically the same as its attached and just offset changing.

2 Tick ia fastest event firing 100's times a minute or faster mouse is only fired when used.

Comment

1) I don't understand what you are trying to say. Can you somehow rephrase that?
      2) Yes, there are more tick events being generated than any other events. But that does not answer the question. I am asking whether two mouse wheel events may be generated between two tick events. From what I see in the log, that seems to be possible if I have a really fast mouse.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X