Having trouble making my moving platform be reusable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble making my moving platform be reusable

Okay so I have a moving platform that works fine but I want to when its done moving it goes back to where it started and cane be reused I got it to back to the start but I cant get it to do the whole moving thing again it just teleports to the end point

Try to connect (Finished) to (Play from the start)

Comment

If the platform is moving back and forth, you can change the timeline curve to something like this that goes from 0 to 1 to 0 instead of using the delay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ove.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	1657373

Then basically what Generaleivan1996 said after that to restart the timeline.
      Unreal Possibilities
      Wave Spawning System | Line of Sight Visualization | Tower Defense Starter Kit

Comment

so I tried both of those things and it makes the platform go back to the start and not teleport next time you touch it but now it is infinitely repeating going up then teleporting down and stuff I am gonna try maybe adding a variable that checks if he has overlapped with the thing and see if that works but yeah

Comment

Oh ok if you just want it to go back and forth once on the overlap, then don't connect finish to play from start. Instead, every time the overlap happens, check if the timeline is running already. If not, ask the timeline to play from start.
          Unreal Possibilities
          Wave Spawning System | Line of Sight Visualization | Tower Defense Starter Kit

Comment

How would one do that?

Also you cant plug the finish to play from start cause there the same variable. unless you were talking about another finished

Comment

Playing the timeline from the start will only teleport the platform back to the start...

Assume a switch scenario
              on -> move forward -> play
              off <- move backwards -> play reverse.

You could tie End Overlap to play reverse if you need it to reset from wherever it is at to the start - when the player leaves the platform.
              you can feed in a delay before the play reverse so if the player jumps the platform doesn't change direction immediately.

This will virtually allow the platform to cycle back and forward like if you pressed a switch just via overlap/collision

Comment

Okay so I tried something I plugged
                the delay in to the reverse on the timeline and that makes it go down and then you cant stand on it again and it goes up and then goes down again its a bit janky cause sometimes it doesn't do the delay at the top but yeah that works

Comment

I am gonna also try MostHost LAs idea

Comment

okay Yeah MostHosts Idea works great thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                    X