Help with top-down interaction system!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with top-down interaction system!

Hi guys, I’m new to Unreal Engine, and just ran into a problem.

So, I’m creating a top-down game based on the third person blueprint template and I’m trying to create an interaction system. I’ve made this mesh with a collision box, so any time I overlap it and press a button the game opens up a widget.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mesh-Box-Collision.png
Views:	16
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	1654699
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ralph/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.jpg[/IMG]

Inside it, I created an event that triggers the opening of the widget.

Name:	ShelfLikeMesh.png
Views:	3
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1654700
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ralph/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image004.jpg[/IMG]

On the character blueprint, I’ve made this system. Note that the variable Menu Is Open disables the character controls. The problem is, the way it is right now, it doesn’t lock the character controls.

Name:	Third-Person-Character-Blueprint.png
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1654701
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ralph/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image006.jpg[/IMG]

So, I’ve made this change, but when I tested it, the controls lock even outside of the collision box of the mesh, even though the menu just opens when I’m overlapping it.

Name:	Menu-Is-Open.png
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1654702
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Ralph/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image008.jpg[/IMG]

Can you guys help me to find a solution to this? I’ve tried so many things and can’t solve this problem. Thanks!

Hey
    About movement locked I did like this (cf picture).

I hope it helped you and answered your problem ^^'.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Thank you very much for your answer.

I actually made it work but your solution worked as well. It's nice to see different approaches to the same issue.

Then, again, thanks, dude!

Comment

Working...
      X