Widget Layers Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widget Layers Problem

Sooo... Im trying to create tooltips for items in inventory but the tooltip widget apears under the inventory. The ZOrder does not work. (inventory, inventory slot and the info widget are 3 diffrent widgets) How can i change layers of widgets?

Hi, I believe this is happening because the ZOrder usually works within a widget's hierarchy, and not necessarily across widgets when you add them to Viewport.

I'm assuming that Inventory+Inventory Slots are part of the same widget here, while Info widget is a separate one. In that case, try adding a main HUD widget (could be empty) to the viewport first, and then adding your widgets to this main widget. You can assign the ZOrder within the main widget and it should work as you intended.
    Unreal Possibilities
    Grid Creation Systems | Tower Defense Starter Kit | Wave Spawning System

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrage256 View Post
      Hi, I believe this is happening because the ZOrder usually works within a widget's hierarchy, and not necessarily across widgets when you add them to Viewport.

I'm assuming that Inventory+Inventory Slots are part of the same widget here, while Info widget is a separate one. In that case, try adding a main HUD widget (could be empty) to the viewport first, and then adding your widgets to this main widget. You can assign the ZOrder within the main widget and it should work as you intended.
      inventory and inventory slot are 2 diffrent widgets... I'll try doing what you said tho

Comment

ok! it works now! i added it to one main widget and fixed some other dumb mistakes i made lul. thank you!

Comment

Working...
        X