• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I got it now, thank you. Now I just gotta make him throw it somehow haha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ulvoth View Post
    The other image is too big but when I pick it up, im inside the ball haha.
    Did you set "Location Rule" to "Snap to Target" at the AttachToComponent node?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The other image is too big but when I pick it up, im inside the ball haha.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    just about the distance I have to be to pick up the ball
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EvilCleric View Post
    1 - set to draw the linetrace, so you can see if really goes though the target.
    1.1 - Does the line goes through the ball?
    1.2 - What are the settings of your linetrace? (the collision settings of the ball i show in the last post only works if the trace channel of the linetrace is set to visilibity)

2 - is your ball BP only a sphere static mesh?
    2.1 - Is this sphere from the default content?
    2.2 - Does it have collision?
    2.3 - Try setting the sphere collision to Block All.
    Okay I now have it to where when my crosshair hits it, I press E, and the ball pretty much covers up my whole screen. But it is overall functioning the way I would like it too. I'll send some screenshots in just a sec.
    Last edited by Ulvoth; 08-08-2019, 02:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1 - set to draw the linetrace, so you can see if really goes though the target.
    1.1 - Does the line goes through the ball?
    1.2 - What are the settings of your linetrace? (the collision settings of the ball i show in the last post only works if the trace channel of the linetrace is set to visilibity)

2 - is your ball BP only a sphere static mesh?
    2.1 - Is this sphere from the default content?
    2.2 - Does it have collision?
    2.3 - Try setting the sphere collision to Block All.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Linetrace requires collision. Here's an example of the collision settings for the ball:

Click image for larger version Name:	1.png Views:	1 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	1650962
    Would you by chance be willing to work with me on figuring this out? Cause im honestly getting really lost in all this research I been doing. I set the collision to that but I still get no response on picking up the ball.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Linetrace requires collision. Here's an example of the collision settings for the ball:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.png Views:	1 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	1650962

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is your ball BP movable? Also, what are the collisions settings of your BP?
    I currently have it movable and the collision is no collision

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is your ball BP movable? Also, what are the collisions settings of your BP?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What part the operation are you having problems with?

If it's just the attach part then:

1 - go to the character's skeleton and create a socket at the hand:

Click image for larger version Name:	1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	1650577

2 - when you id the object to pickup, in this case using a linetrace, just attached it to the socket of the mesh:

Click image for larger version Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	151.5 KB ID:	1650578
    So that blueprint works when I press E, but the ball blueprint I made, does not react to it in anyway.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What part the operation are you having problems with?

If it's just the attach part then:

1 - go to the character's skeleton and create a socket at the hand:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	1650577

2 - when you id the object to pickup, in this case using a linetrace, just attached it to the socket of the mesh:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	151.5 KB ID:	1650578

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Pick Up Object To Hand

Pick Up Object To Hand

Hello! I am still somewhat new to UE4 blueprints and how and they work. I have been learning them for the past 3 months or so through video tutorials and reading through forums documents etc.

What I am currently trying to do is get my character's crosshair, to hover over an object (In this case a ball), the object then indicates it can be picked up once the player is close enough, and then when I hit E it appears in my characters hand.

Now of course after doing some research on how blueprints like this work like I said videos, and a lot of reading. I have yet to see one that shows how the object goes directly into my characters hand. I was hoping someone on here would have a screen shot or possibly be able to walk me through it in a video.
    My Project details
    I have the Third Person Project
    Camera is set up in first person
    I have a HUD widget with crosshair image
    I also have a ball blueprint that is an ACTOR but nothing done to it yet other than a mesh

Hopefully that is enough to information to get my point across if you need more let me know, Thank you in advance.
Working...
X