Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linetrace from capsule side's

Hi guys

Let say we want to do line trace from capsule component with some offset from his center. "B" its trace what we want.
    https://i.imgur.com/49XJopy.jpg

How to easilly make it? Cause if we just add some value on Y axis, it would work on world coordinate, not local.

Originally posted by IronicParadox
    Assuming the trace is shooting out in the forward X axis:

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1646897}

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-attachmentid":1646898}
    Yeah) That works on world coordinate, that means: if we rotate capsule on Z axis, trace start will start on same point, but it should rotate with capsule.

Im starting to thinl what just SceneActor used as a dummy would be most easiest and also most cheaper way to achieve this.

Comment

Yeah I see what you need now, I kind of goofed anyways. It was late lol...

Going with a dummy component is definitely easier, keeps you from having to do relative/local offsets and such. Just use a billboard component like this and it's a piece of cake! Oh and make sure the billboard forward X vector is in the right direction in the 3d view.

Click image for larger version  Name:	linetrace1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.1 KB ID:	1647014

Click image for larger version  Name:	linetrace2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	136.1 KB ID:	1647015

Click image for larger version

Name:	linetrace3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1647018
      Last edited by IronicParadox; 07-27-2019, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X