UMG Resolution Scaling Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UMG Resolution Scaling Issues.

I finally found a way to add widgets to widgets, the issue is I am unsure how to get the bloody thing to scale proper. Messing with the Anchors does change sizes and such but in an unpredictable manner to a degree. Though I figure out the smaller the coverage the larger the box fills though in the image below it is the largest it will get. I have tried different panels grid etc to no avail so far. Tried size to content etc and it seems to do nothing. I followed the tutorial of course to start with but I had to change directions a bit since theirs was for one thing and mine is for another. I could very well change the size of the whole thing and make it fit properly which I may end up doing since the spin boxes are extremely blurry but I figured before doing that, I would ask is there a better method?

Have you tried using Scale Boxes or Size Boxes? These can be pretty useful in getting things to look and scale how you want.

Comment

I tried it but it chooses whatever size it wants when you attach widget. I thought that would leash it as well. Nope. I am using a size box but I had to resize the widget itself. Otherwise, it would fill the screen which was odd. I had to basically spend a few minutes moving the anchor around in the widget to get it to anchor to the size box properly. I dunno how people in the tutorials make a full-size widget work perfectly every time but somehow they do.

Comment

You are providing too little information, but I assume your BoneMenu1 widget still has its canvas. As a general rule of thumb, when you want to add widget B to widget A, you remove the canvas from widget B and it will automatically stretch to fill the whole slot you add it to. If you want to put constraints on how much it stretches, you would use a SizeBox as the root of widget B.

Example: a list of buttons in a scroll box. Assuming you want the button to be exactly 40px tall, its hierarchy would look something like this:

Code:
        - SizeBox
        -- Button
        --- Text
        Also note that there is a DPI setting in the "Project Settings" tab. This does not particularly impact your work now, but if you want things to be exactly 40px tall, on any screen whatsoever, then you'd have to delete that curve (I'm writing this because of the 40px example I gave).
        Last edited by vlad.serbanescu11; 07-13-2019, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X