Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying and Moving the Center Point of an Object

Good day to all,
    I'm kinda newbie in UE4. Is there a way to move the center point of the Blueprint somewhere else? Many thanks!

Yeah, it's called the pivot point. You can move it using ALT-middle click ( I seem to recall ), but a much easier way it to get a copy of pivot tool ( https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...lug/pivot-tool ).

From google: ALT + MiddleMouse to move the pivot, then Right-click the actor and choose Pivot > Set as Pivot Offset to save it

Comment

Thanks it did worked in the level editor. But Im hoping to make it editable in the blueprint level so when i dropped it in the level the pivot is already there? Many thanks for the reply.

Comment

Sorry Agent Sckit I just noticed this is a BP... Not so easy then. The pivot point in a BP seems to be some sort of 'center of gravity', not sure how to change it... :-/

( To be clear, you can move the pivot for the meshes, and that will be reflected in the BP, but for the whole BP, meh... )
        Last edited by ClockworkOcean; 05-24-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Attach the lot to a dummy (Scene Component), and offset its child in relative space. Dummy is the new pivot.

Comment

Originally posted by Everynone View Post
            Attach the lot to a dummy (Scene Component), and offset its child in relative space. Dummy is the new pivot.
            Thanks for this hack going to settle for this method.

Comment

Working...
            X