Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to create a widget for an architectural project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I have a project, that has 3 levels. those are Exterior 1 interior space and podium.. starting level will be Main menu having 6 buttons, 3 buttons vl be 3 levels,1 button will be for floor plans,1 button will be for still images and last one will be for animation sequence. I have created blueprints for switching levels and open images and floor plans.

Is there a question?

Comment

Yes Everyone!

I am in a confusion watching too many blueprint videos so my posts also bit confusing.. sorry for that

Create buttons for open floor plans and media(animation film).
      Last edited by arunkumart; 05-01-2019, 04:28 AM.

Comment

If I asked you how to create user interface buttons for a puzzle game with 4 moving pieces, what would you advise me?

Your question is so incredibly vague that it's nearly impossible to provide a half-decent answer, sorry. I'll try anyway.

Main menu having 6 buttons, 3 buttons vl be 3 levels,1 button will be for floor plans,1 button will be for still images and last one will be for animation sequence
        You clearly have a vision here - consider drawing it on a piece of paper first - a conceptual design of how an interface should look like, roughly; and make annotations regarding desired functionality and interactivity.

The only answer I could offer at the moment based on what you've detailed would be: create a canvas with Horizontal / Vertical Boxes, wrap them with Borders and populate with Buttons and Text Blocks; hook up the buttons' OnClick events to the media and object references in the Level Blueprint. Somehow I doubt it helps you much :|

[...]I have created blueprints for switching levels and open images and floor plans.
        Since you're going to have multiple levels, it's probably a good idea to look into Event Dispatchers that can dynamically bind to objects in the levels. So the same widget can be used in any level without having to hard-code everything by hand.

I took some liberty and looked at your question here but I'm still unsure what you're trying to build. Is the widget you're showing something you've created or something you want to make? I'm confused because someone answered your question in detail and you flagged it as resolved.

Also, I answered someone else's question regarding level & cameras interaction - sounds like something you should be able to take advantage of.

Did you have a chance to look at the documentation for UMG? Tutorial can be often too specific and contain too much information you simply do not need. YT saturation is both a blessing and a curse.
        Last edited by Everynone; 05-01-2019, 05:59 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your detailed reply.

ok Let me put on this way.

I have attached 3 images,

1.my first Level is similar to the first image, its just an exterior of my building. I am able to orbit, Zoom in and out with the blueprint, which is created by one of our supporter AlFlakky (I downloaded from his post). and the same level I have widget like shown in the image, it has options as floor plans, Views, interiors, Rooftop and Film.

2. I have created 2 levels as one is Interior and another is the roof top. I am able to switch between the 3 levels using open level function.

3. I need guidance to create a button to open Views, a button to open Film( animated Video) and a button to open Floor plans.

Attached Files

Comment

I need guidance to create a button to open Views, a button to open Film( animated Video) and a button to open Floor plans.
            I don't know what Views are - a camera that points at something or an image?
            I don't know what Floor plans are - assuming that it's just a static picture: have a Button Widget and an Image Widget - button's onClick sets the Image Widget's data
            Playing videos in UMG has been done too many times to describe it here.

Comment

[QUOTE="Everynone;n1614140"]

I don't know what Views are - a camera that points at something or an image?
              I don't know what Floor plans are - assuming that it's just a static picture:

yes there are set of static pictures( 20) and I can not have to use one button to open one picture.

lets say 20 static pictures can be open by slide show button clicking on next.

Attached Files

Comment

You could do it like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	1614153

My problem with this is that it has been done and demonstrated 100s of times before... The same method is actually already in the link I included 2 posts above :|

Comment

Thank you,

this what I am looking for.. I will do now and Can you paste the link for(a button to open Film( animated Video)).. I have checked the UMG , I could not find.

Comment

Originally posted by arunkumart View Post
                    [...]Can you paste the link for(a button to open Film( animated Video)).. I have checked the UMG , I could not find.
                    It's literally the first video in the YT link I posted.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I have fallowed your instructions and finally outcome is showing the attachment, I am not able find the integer name Nextimage. Could you please help me in this?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Do You have any video tutorials for this?

Comment

You need to create the variable yourself.

Comment

Finally I have created so far, please have a look on attachments.

Everything is fine and the Video is playing fine. I have added integer value 4.Only the issue is when i click on the floor plans button (Image 4), displaying like that and I am not able to play next image..an can you help in this ?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff, well done!

I have added integer value 4
                              This should be, ideally, set to -1 as seen here; when you click the button for the first time, it adds 1 and becomes 0, fetching the very first element from the array.

Only the issue is when i click on the floor plans button (Image 4), displaying like that and I am not able to play next image..an can you help in this ?
                              Does it mean you cannot cycle through the images at all? Can you put a Print String node after the Set Brush and see if it's firing.

Comment

Working...
                              X