Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Packaging: DoesPackageExist FAILED

Hi everyone!
    I'm having this error while packaging the game (in the cooking process)

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): LogPackageName: Error: DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist FAILED: '(/Game/xxxxx/xxxx/<mapname>' is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name. Reason: Path should start with a '/'
    PackagingResults: Error: DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist FAILED: '(/Game/xxxxx/xxxx/<mapname>' is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name. Reason: Path should start with a '/'

As you can see, it's look like it is trying to open a map with a " ( " at the start of its namepath...

I already tried searching the entire project for the mapname and any single "OpenLevel" block, but still no luck

It seems to me that the ( at the start of the path can only have come from a typing error and that you should be searching in your blueprint nodes or C++ code for (/Game and see what you find.

Comment

I tried it, but I found nothing.

By the way, I was able to fix it in this way:
      I used Notepad++ to search in every single file in the content folder for the string

Code:
      (/Game
      Notepad++ found only a reference into a file (it was unable to show me the preview). I opened this file and deleted the content (it was only a test). Now the project is compiling with no error.

Update:
      I just understood the problem: in that Blueprint, there was a variable with a soft reference to that map. Probably it was corrupted, I reassigned the value and recompiled the BP (for some reason the search inside blueprint and also the reference viewer were not showing it)
      Last edited by C1p86; 04-16-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X