Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNREAL 4.21 - PC and VR controllers that work with Unreal games out of the box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNREAL 4.21 - PC and VR controllers that work with Unreal games out of the box?

Hi, I have several PC controllers, i use them for games like FIFA 18, WWE, Primal Carnage (an Unreal game BTW) i just plug and play, But… none of them work with Unreal Engine 4.21, i keep pressing, disconnecting, restarting and nothing, even do default projects are allready configured for gamepad, or are they just going to work after packaging LOL?.

I investigated and found a 2014 post were people was also asking this question, some said that PS controllers don´t work out of the box with Unreal... not sure what they mean, because really... you should just plug and play, non game ever is going to expain how to configure a controller to make it work with that specific game. Finally most users said that the only controller that works with Unreal out of the box is Microsoft Xbox 360, but before waisting money buying every controller in the market to find wich one works and wich one dont, i wonder:

Wich PC controllers that you have tested do work with Unreal 4.21 out of the box? How you configure other to make it work? what do you think is the best practice here? I haven´t buy a game that said: "use only with certain controller type"… what about VR, wich PC controllers work for UE4.21 for VR that you have tested?

Please share your toughts and Thanks
    Last edited by DraxFX; 02-16-2019, 01:35 AM.

I use a PS4 controller but I'm running the DS4 software to emulate xbox controls...

Comment

Actually i ended buying the Xbox 360 controller, because of the 2014 post that i found, and it actually Works out of the box, it Works perfect; no idea why othes didn´t worked, or why others need emulators.

Comment

Working...
      X