X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlayerStart/Spawn working in Engine, but failing in build

I have the weirdest issue..

In the PlayerController BluePrint:
    - I'm using Tags to identify different 'types' of PlayerStart and choosing one
    - Transforming the location to compensate for room location (in VR)
    - Spawning at the transformed location when playing VR
    - Spawning at the PlayerStart

Now, this all works fine in the engine. No errors, nothing of note

When I package the project (for Win64), however, everything still works fine for non-VR characters, but VR characters are for some reason spawned at the right x/y location, but 30cm too low, causing the character to fall through the floor!

Again (and I've tested this many times) there is no issue in the editor, just after packaging the project. The only 'hints' i'm getting while packaging are these messages:

LogBlueprint: Warning: FMemberReference::ResolveMember (ActorHasTag) bSelfContext == true, but no scope supplied!
    LogBlueprint: Warning: FMemberReference::ResolveMember (GetTransform) bSelfContext == true, but no scope supplied!
    LogBlueprint: Warning: FMemberReference::ResolveMember (ActorHasTag) bSelfContext == true, but no scope supplied!
    LogBlueprint: Warning: FMemberReference::ResolveMember (K2_FindPlayerStart) bSelfContext == true, but no scope supplied!
    LogBlueprint: Warning: FMemberReference::ResolveMember (GetTransform) bSelfContext == true, but no scope supplied!
    LogBlueprint: Warning: FMemberReference::ResolveMember (K2_FindPlayerStart) bSelfContext == true, but no scope supplied!

It seems to me to be similar to the issue described in https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...eferences.html, but I'm not sure (apart from this problem not being in the level BP)

Anyone has any ideas?
    Last edited by Warner V; 01-17-2019, 03:38 PM.

Just replying to my own message to say I found the solution:
    • Migrating the involved BPs to a fresh project,
    • Loading the fresh project (and verifying that they did not cause any issues there)
    • Migrating them back.
    • Delete (in my case) additional unused BPs with similar issues
    Cheers,
    Warner

Comment

Working...
    X