Projectile only causing damage to the actor if he is currently possessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projectile only causing damage to the actor if he is currently possessed

Hello, Thank you in advance for any help.

My game involves a character firing a projectile to another character. My issue is I was able to create a damage system that works well but only when the character that is getting hit by the projectile is possessed. For example, ill fire a projectile straight up in the air so it will land on the same actor that fired it and it will damage him. If I fire the projectile at another character it won't do anything. BUT if I fire the projectile at the character then quickly possess him it will cause damage. Any idea as to why?

My damage system is a progress bar i have in my user interface

My damage system for each character is in there own blueprints telling the character when its hit by the projectile do damage. My guess is it has something to do with the possession? Like should my damage system be in the level blueprint not the individual character one? if so how would i reference each character?

Thank you
    Last edited by Carnage97; 01-03-2019, 04:34 PM.

Sounds a little bit to me like you have a "GetPlayerCharacter" node with a default '0' or something similar rather than passing it the HIT player? just a guess
    Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive!

Comment

Working...
    X