Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Plugin] VARest No response!?!?!

So Attempting to use JSON rest with AWS API integration
    I've confirmed that my API is functioning as it should you can see results of the API request: https://v4s4gigx28.execute-api.us-we...a/User?pid=133

In game i've constructed my request as such:

Click image for larger version

Name:	temp.png
Views:	254
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1568087

The problem it seems is according to logs this is the response i'm getting...

Code:
    LogVaRest: Request (json): GET v4s4gigx28.execute-api.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/Alpha/User?pid=133 
    JSON(
    {
    }
    )JSON
    PIE: Play in editor start time for /Game/Levels/UEDPIE_0_Main_menu 0.199
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: Late PlayInEditor Detection: Level '/Game/Levels/Main_menu.Main_menu:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/Levels/Main_menu.Main_menu:PersistentLevel.Main_menu' with GeneratedClass '/Game/Levels/Main_menu.Main_menu_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/Levels/Main_menu.Main_menu:PersistentLevel.Main_menu'
    LogVaRest: Response (403): 
    JSON(
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
    <HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
    <TITLE>ERROR: The request could not be satisfied</TITLE>
    </HEAD><BODY>
    <H1>403 ERROR</H1>
    <H2>The request could not be satisfied.</H2>
    <HR noshade size="1px">
    Bad request.
    <BR clear="all">
    <HR noshade size="1px">
    <PRE>
    Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
    Request ID: p--RZSF-6Shz0We0bjNhew-BIzHTyM_JcsSJxA6PypFE3WEv4rXXTQ==
    </PRE>
    <ADDRESS>
    </ADDRESS>
    </BODY></HTML>
    )JSON
    LogVaRest: Error: UVaRestJsonObject::SetRootObject(45): Trying to set invalid json object as root one. Reset now.
    LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Main_menu_C_8] VaRestJsonObject_19
    I disconnected the player id and have in manually entered for now so i can test and know it's returning data but any ideas would be greatly helpful

Hey there. I just solved this issue, and logged in just to post the answer over here since I wasn't able to find any support of this issue online.

When you construct Json Request, change the Content Type to x-www-form-urlencoded (URL) and it works. (Mine was set to JSON when the issue occurred).

Hopefully, this answer can help others too.

Comment

Working...
    X