Object reference is not compatible with Object reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Object reference is not compatible with Object reference

Hello. I'm making an inventory system and I have pickup items to get around the world. The problem is that I need more than one pickup items (because of different static mesh) and I have an ItemBase Blueprint. I've created a child from ItemBase called PickupItem. Then when I make my system working it works fine. I repeat the process creating another child from ItemBase called PickupItemRock. Same process with PickupItem but changing the mesh.

Then when I try to make nodes it says that Pickup Item Rock Object Reference is not compatible with Pickup Item Object Reference. They are created using ItemBase blueprint and have the same variables etc.

I attach some screenshots.

Your Pickup items needs the same Parent and the Parent needs the "PickupSetting" Item struct.

It looks like you have created the Item Struct on the children. Even if they have the same name and appear to be the same they are declared on different classes which makes them dissimilar.

The solution is to declare the Item Struct on the PickupItem class and create children of PickupItem.

Comment

Working...
    X