I am needing help to move level BP code into a BP class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am needing help to move level BP code into a BP class

Hello, i'mnew to UE BP and i am trying to get my door here to open from a BP class instead of the level BP code. I will be placing many of them and i cant seem to get it to work using BPclasses.
    I have it working fine in level BP as the mesh has a top half and a bottom half. The top half slides up on the z axis and the bootom slides down on the z axis when the player enters a trigger box area near the door. The trouble i am having is when i try to implement same code inside a BP class i cant reference the seperatedoor parts in order to get the actor locations in the world to set my timeline node with. I am new so this is only confusing me the more i try and i would like to ask for help. thank you

You can make a new actor and add two Mesh components, add a box collision and in OnBeginOverlap event of it put your blueprints node

you need to use set component location instead of the actor location

Comment

An actor blueprint has it's own component viewport and can reference those components in its blueprint graph, much the same way that the level blueprint can reference actors in the level. So just add 3 static meshes into the actor blueprint's viewport, set each one to use the door frame, the top door, and bottom door, and make sure to add a box collision component. Setting up the rest of it should be pretty straight forward, all things considered.

Comment

Working...
      X