Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom event don't receive the call

Hey everyone,

I need help on something: I'm trying to make a skeletal mesh fade in and out when spawned so I created a custom event to trigger a timeline who change the opacity parameter on my material but the custom event never get called, anyone got an idea on the problem? I'm starting to think that it's a bug at this point. Thanks!

How do you test whether it's called or not? A PrintString after Fade does not fire?

Comment

When I hit play I can see that the BP that spawn the mesh and the call the custom event work fine(it's looped each x seconds so I clearly see the ticks going trough all the nodes fine), but the bp of the static mesh don't activate at all, so that mean it don't trigger it. I didn't check with a string but it would give the same result: no reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Arakismo View Post
        I didn't check with a string but it would give the same result: no reaction.
        Assumption is the mother of all ... So please, do as Everynone said, use a PrintString right after "Fade" and before the timeline, just to be sure.
        "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

People underestimate the power of Print String. Best debugging tool ever.

Comment

My bad, sorry. Included a printscreen after the Fade event and it print as intended, so that mean it should work Oo. So the problem is something else, for now I have no idea of what it could be, gonna do some tests.

Comment

little precision: the actor that spawn is an animated mesh so the BP class is ''Skeletal Mesh Actor''.

Comment

1 - Are all "Fade In" values in [0,1]? Ex:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	21
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1533745

2 - Are you sure the material parameter is named "Opacity"?

Name:	2.png
Views:	22
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1533747

3 - What happens when you bypass the timeline, and manually set the value of "Opacity" to 0 or to any other value?

Name:	3.png
Views:	17
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	1533749

4 - Put a print after the timeline to print the "Fade In" values.

Name:	4.png
Views:	22
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1533746

5 - Are you sure the skeletal mesh has that material applied?

Name:	5.png
Views:	23
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	1533748
                "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

I checked everything and finally fixed the problem: I re-created a timeline with a different timing and I assigned the material to the original skeletal mesh(Everything had the material except the mesh itself - -'). So now it's working as intended, thank you for the help, I'm gonna use printstring more often now :P.

Comment

Working...
                  X