Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip Flop issue

Hello,

I am working on events using flipflop. When I click the left mouse once, it should generate the box in specific position. Then when I click it second time, it should apply gravity to the box so makes box falls. That's I want to do in blueprint. For some reason, flipflop only fire A and never fire B. I tried to disconnect function to flipflop, then it works A then B. Once flipflop connect to the spawn event and gravity function, it doesn't work properly. Do you have an idea to solve this.

Thanks,

Is the issue really from the flip flip or is it from the rest.

Try this first to check if f-f and left mouse are working fine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ff.png
Views:	314
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1533317
    "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

Thanks for the reply, EvilCleric. I tired you suggested. It works fine with only print strings.
      Like I mentioned, when I connect flipflop to Spawn actor and gravity node, it only fires A. It never generate B.

Comment

But how do you know B is never executed?

Is "Cube" the spawned actor? If so, is "Simulate Physics" on and "Enable Gravity" off?
        "I have harnessed the shadows that stride from world to world to sow death and madness."

Comment

Also, how are you setting "Cube"? Your first image is not showing that.

Comment

'Cube' is spawned actor. I put print string for A and B. B never be called out.
            A was spawn actor which works fine.
            B was enable gravity which doesn't work. Each of them works fine individually.

Once I connected to fliflop, there is only spawned cube.

I haven't turn gravity on setting in cube because I want to make it as second click event.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by jsleesper; 09-28-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I really don't understand how you are setting "Cube". There is nothing connected after the "SpawnActor".

This is my test BP:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ff2.png
Views:	176
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1533351

Comment

If you look at the first image,In 'Spawn actor mover BP', I set "mover BP" as class. Inside of mover BP, cube is located.

I followed your setting but cube appear and gravity doesn't work.

Comment

Yes,I understand that "Mover BP" is a BP with a static mesh component which you named "Cube".

From where are you calling "Left Mouse Button" event? From the player BP?

And I still have no idea how you are setting the value of the variable "Cube". Can you show me that part of the BP.

Comment

The blueprint that I posted are all inside of 'Mover BP'. I haven't touch the player BP.
                    This is how I set left mouse click.
                    Attached Files

Comment

And there is your mistake. It's a mess. You are creating a "Mover BP" from inside a "Mover BP", but changing a property not from the spawned but from the spawner itself. Also,enabling inputs in these newly created actors which in turn will create even more "Mover BP" ...

Just add the button event and the rest to the player BP (which I did in my test BP) or to some other unique BP, and problem solved.

Comment

Thank you! It works. I appreciate it.
                        I moved mouse event to Character BP. Is there any reason why I can't put mouse event to custom actor BP? That's the reason this isn't working?
                        Or I just didn't specify the cube variable. This is the reason?

Comment

You can put it in any actor BP, just don't put it in the same actor you are trying to spawn.

Comment

Working...
                          X