Help: Simple Tractor Beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Ok, so I go the physics of everything working, now I just need to get a visual representation of the actual "Beam". (Please help, as I am stumped.)

For those of you looking to use or improve my work, the links below will show you how I achieved my desired effect. (It took a lot of tinkering)

Here is the event graph for my main character. The Character is a robot so the beam is built in.

Here is the blueprint for the function GrabObject:

DropObject:

UpdatePhysicsHand:
    Last edited by TheAwesomeTh3ory; 03-29-2014, 02:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheAwesomeTh3ory View Post
    I was able to produce the effect I wanted using functions! If anyone is ever curious how I did this, let me know and I will post screenshots.
    Heya, screenshots of any and all solutions would be appreciated.

Nothing more frustrating than answered questions with no answers :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was able to produce the effect I wanted using functions! If anyone is ever curious how I did this, let me know and I will post screenshots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It looks like you get the hit actors location and your own location and add them together to use as the final location. This will not give you the effect I think you want

If my location is 5, 0, 5 and the other actor is 10, 0, 10, then it's going to move them to 15, 0, 15.

The easiest way I would think would be to make a vector from the hit actor to you, so your location - their location. Then you can either normalize this and add it to their location multiplied by some scalar value by how far it should move, or you can just take the vector and add it with a scalar as well for a slightly different movement.

I dont know exactly what the blueprint nodes would be for this, but that's the math behind it.

Leave a comment:

• started a poll Help: Simple Tractor Beam

Help: Simple Tractor Beam

No. I need clearification.
    0.00%
    ehhh
    0.00%
    meh
    100.00%
    good
    0.00%
    Clear!
    0.00%
    I want to make a toggle-able tractor beam that is a part of my character.

I can tell that I am getting close. Right now, all physics actors that are in front of me fly away faster than birds scared by a shotgun.

This is what I have. Thank you for your time!

OOH Also, if you need help making a toggle-able flash light, let me know I will post my blueprint!

Working...
X