Need help setting velocity on ProjectileMovement component from a variable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help setting velocity on ProjectileMovement component from a variable

Hi, I need some help setting the velocity on ProjectileMovement component from a variable. If I manually fill in the "x" on the velocity it works as it should. But when I want to do it from a variable passed from a data table it gets all messed up.

My "x" on the velocity is read from my data table and set to my (Projectile Velocity Cm variable) this is what I want to set the ProjectileMovement Velocity "x" to. Below is my attempt to get it sort of working. I end up having to set it twice because otherwise the projectile just flys in one direction no matter what way my character is facing. The velocity gets changed to what I want it to but the direction of the projectile is the wrong direction and facing sideways... There has to be a simple solution for this.

This is part of my projectile blueprint.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.4 KB ID:	1518027

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled3.jpg Views:	1 Size:	12.7 KB ID:	1518028
    I just want to be able to set this from plugging in a variable and setting and not by manually setting it here.

Why doesn't this work?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled4.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1518038

Any help apprectiated
    Thanks
    Last edited by Cipher5; 08-20-2018, 08:09 PM.
Working...
X