No announcement yet.

What happened to the ChangeMenuWidget node

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everynone if that’s still unclear then I think this is the best way I can explain it. So do you know how you can open up a 3D widget blueprint and in the viewport you choose which widget goes in there and if you want you can click to see the drop down list and select another widget and put it into the 3D widget. How would I do that during the game using blueprints? Switching widgets in a 3D widgets.

Comment

So do you know how you can open up a 3D widget blueprint and in the viewport you choose which widget goes in there and if you want you can click to see the drop down list and select another widget and put it into the 3D widget.
      That makes sense, yeah, but I'm not sure why you insist on switching widgets around unless you must have a different widget class in every wrap box slot. Doing the indexing would make it unnecessarily complicated. If you must have a different widget class in every slot and replace them with something completely else without repopulating the panel, then you'd need to rely on something like a named slot - think of it as a socket that stuff can be added to and removed from.

Is there a reason why you cannot just update the existing widget in the wrapbox slot and need to push a brand new widget in? Like a specific design choice?

I can try to put something together later on as a demonstration.

Comment

The main reason would be because this will be a very large menu system. It’s a gun system so the 1st menu would allow me to select if it’s a shotgun or hand gun. If I select a shotgun then the next widget will have 4 types of shoguns like bolt action front loading and so on. Then if I select a bolt action the next widget would have about 10 different guns I can select. Then the next widget will show a gun that I can click on which would spawn in the game world. Each widget would have a back button and as far as I know you can only have clickable buttons in the widget itself so I don’t know how you could do that any other way.

Comment

Everynone Hi I think I'm really close but I'm stuck on the last bit. I have an example of a menu where if you click on a menu button it brings you to a new widget. Its very simple and it works. Exactly what I want to do but it uses and add to viewport which doesn't work with 3d widgets. If you want to add to a 3d widget you need to use set widget instead of add to viewport but the problem is you have to tell the widget to add it into the widget component I'm using a ref to the widget component and putting that into a cast to the 3d widget blueprint but I can't for the life of me figure out what to put into the cast to object. Can you take a look at the pictures below and tell me what I'm missing?

Comment

In the second pic you're pulling Widget Displayed out of an invalid cast node.

Is this the behaviour you're looking for:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o1...3OncS40o0PHZbm

Comment

Working...
            X