Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a character bounce off a wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey man, hope you manage to get out of VFX... I'm 20+ years here myself, aiming to get out too. Not quite sure what your issue is here and don't quite have the time right now but whenever you're really stuck I start a fresh project and do whatever it is I'm stuck with in the simplest environment. Helps me out quite often.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by RumbleMonk View Post
      Hey man, hope you manage to get out of VFX... I'm 20+ years here myself, aiming to get out too. Not quite sure what your issue is here and don't quite have the time right now but whenever you're really stuck I start a fresh project and do whatever it is I'm stuck with in the simplest environment. Helps me out quite often.

Good luck.
      I sure appreciate it! I have decided not to let it stop me anymore, I realized I could, in the 'description' say the Walls are Slightly Magnetized, so unless you 'catch yourself' and you hit or brush against a wall or object you will STICK to it and have to use Thrusters or Grip Controls to re-Accelerate. LOL and the other thing too, I have 4 projects going at the same time, (oh,. make that 5..) I do a little on each every day, some more than others,.
      So anything you can do I will incorporate , be grateful and give you (and NikoKun) credit, otherwise I will say the walls are Sticky with Nano-Magnetism! LOL Or, that the Strong Nuclear Force is EXPANDING do to some Nebula's effects LOL

Are you a Star Trek Fan / Trekker? CBS just MURDERED my RETIREMENT PLAN (Exploring the ENTIRE USS Enterprise with Interactive buttons, Flyable Shuttles,.. ) In a Game made by Fans called STAGE 9. I am going to try to MOD it,. They actually finished most of it, It is SO AMAZING to walk the Halls of the Enterprise, fire torpedos, Fly a Runabout,.) You have any interest? Also,. it is a Oculus Rift Compatible VR app.. Have you tried it? (off subject I know, LOL)
      Last edited by NextWorldVR; 10-28-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

"SO, how to tell it these three X Y Z numbers dynamically? "

Hello,
        I know this post was from 2018 but anyway, some of the reply helped me a lot to get my pawn bounce so I will try to help as well if the probleme is still alive.
        Actually I don't know how does the VR pawn work but if it has a "forward vector", you could use use with the node "Mirror vector by normal" and the normal would be the "Impact normal" from the hit result (if you have a hit result, otherwise you could try to get the normal from the wall idk how :x ) and then multiply the resultat by x := 100 y= 100 z =100 or whatever offset.
        Then you could plug the result in your "Set Physics Linear Velocity" Node.

Idk if it can work like it in VR but well at least I tried to help
        Last edited by Kris; 08-25-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X