Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow motion

hi I am new to ue4 and need help with a console command

so I want it to execute the "slomo" command and that works but i cant figure out how to make the slomo stop

thanks
    Teddy
    Attached Files

Call the slomo command again with a value of 1
    Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Frames Per Second is NOT a proper performance metric, You should use frame time. You can read this or this as to why.
    (Profiling) Tools: RenderDoc (UE4 Plugin), NVIDIA nSight, AMD GPU PerfStudio, CodeXL
    Good articles/Series: A trip through the Graphics Pipeline 2011

Comment

Instead of using execute console command and slomo, use "Set Global Time Dilation" node. It does the same thing as far as I know, and is the proper way of doing slow motion and allows actors to ignore it when needed etc.

Comment

Slomo always works as expected, whereas Time-Dilation relies on computation involving Delta-Secs iirc.
        So don't remember now where it didn't work as it was just a curiosity test, but probably Physics / Gravity?

Comment

Oh. Sorry for giving false info then, I read somewhere that those two would be the same, and passed the false info forward.

Time Dilation does break physX physics when used in sudden drops from 0 to 1 for example, thats true. Need to have an timeline curve or something equivalent for time dilation and then the physics wont break though.

Comment

Working...
          X