Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd controller is working PIE but not in build

Hi

First of all, I am Dragan. I have been playing with Unreal Engine 4 for quite some time, and now I have built game that I plan to release later this year.

Recently I have tried to build shipping version of game and I am having issue with 2nd controller when I build game. If I play game from editor (PIE) it works fine.

Here is my implementation:
    I have created:
    - one actor that manages some things around map (lets call it ManagerActor). ManagerActor is set to automatically receives input from first player (player index 0; keyboard and gamepad 1)
    - Player2Controller that handles input actions defined in project; Also onBeginPlay controller finds ManagerActor and stores in variable; when receives input it makes appropriate call to ManagerActor
    - GameMode that will create player by calling CreatePlayer with ControllerID: -1 (auto assign); I have also set Player2Controller as default

Now problem is that Player2Controller is not receiving any input when I build game ready for shipping.
    If I run game PIE it works without issues (that is only way it works).
    If I run game also from editor, but in separate window then it also doesn't work.

I have gone through many online tutorials that I have found for adding 2nd controller support, but I still have same issue.
    Some things I have tried:
    - creating Player2Pawn; also tried with assiging to Player2Pawn custom controller: Player2Controler
    - creating Actor which will autoreceive input for player with index 1 (I have tried other indexes as well)
    - GameMode to spawn Player2Pawn and make Player2Controller to posses it
    None of that fixed issue.

Everything is done in blueprints.
    I have 2 gamepads, both working without issues in other games.
    Running Windows 10, UE 4.19
    Controllers are DS4 emulated with DS4Windows (in games it is working fine)

Can someone help me with this?
Working...
X