Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Paper2D] Is there a way to run on walls ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Paper2D] Is there a way to run on walls ?

Hello !

I'm pretty new with the UE4 engine and I'm stuck with the physics of my paper2D character. I'm only using blueprints and I want my paper2D character to run on walls.

First I've tried to rotate my actor according the floor normal but my character won't go further when the wall is too steep (he stops immediately). I've also modify the gravity proportionally to the normal angle (gravity decreased when the angle is big) but same thing, my character stops immediately and can't go further...
    I also tried trigger boxes to get in flying mode but that seems not to work properly.

Did I miss something ? I really want to know what's my problem here to find a solution (collisions ? velocity ?) ...
    Thank you for your attention.

In the character bp i think there is an option on what is the max angle it can step up on in the detailspanel

Comment

The walkable floor angle ? I also tried that in fact, but the character is still stucked (it's basically the image you see, he doesn't want to go further)
      You can see how I set the collision (in blue) with the photo I join, but I don't think the problem is here

Comment

Well I've tried to play with all the parameters of the movement character component but I don't get any good results... Is there something wrong with the physics ? Should I switch to another engine for 2D ?

Comment

Heys, check out this thread, it's a very similar topic https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...-around-a-loop
          FPS Game Starter Kit
          Retro Game Starter Kit
          Quiz Game Starter Kit
          Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Originally posted by SB1985 View Post
            Heys, check out this thread, it's a very similar topic https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...-around-a-loop
            Hey this is really interesting thanks ! The change of coordinates seems a really good idea to me, but I'm still using only blueprints... Time to step up

Comment

Working...
            X