Weapon clipping into objects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon clipping into objects

Like walls, furniture, etc.How to prevent that? Please help!
    Last edited by Dudester01; 06-20-2018, 07:58 AM.

just disable the collision of the weapon...

Comment

Originally posted by brahoule View Post
      just disable the collision of the weapon...
      that would make the cliping worse, you should have collision enabled on the weapon to block it from going inside world objects.
      CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
      Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

I don't think UE4 supports depth priority groups. Someone please do correct me if I'm wrong here.

Your best bet is to set up collision on the weapon and check distance/obstacle normal and then push the weapon back into the player, hiding it from view.

Alternatively, come up with a quick animation that moves the mesh away/up/to the side - turning something that's annoying into an extra visual feature; adds realism, some games do it well. This can also be used when approaching friendly NPCs with a cross-hair trained on them. Makes them less jumpy.

Comment

You can definitely have the weapon render over everything, you can do it with a material. If you want an example of how Epic did it, they did it with their game Robo Recall which you can download through their mods tab in the launcher. The material was for a loading screen I think or something like that, but it would cause a sphere to render over everything else excluding the player's hands(cause its VR )

Comment

Depend on the quality and detail of collision you want, but you can simply put a large collision over your character model that covers your gun as well, so you wont be getting closer to objects when the gun is hitting something (colliding objects). Obviously not a triple-A solution, but if your game is good enough, nobody will mind this at all.

Just having the gun collision on wont stop your character moving when the gun hits objects. It has to be the actual moving object (=your character) to stop the movement. For high quality solution, you of course should do something like Everyone said above. Make your player have a small animation of holding the gun up/sideways etc... but I dont think you are asking for this now.
            Last edited by Manatee; 06-28-2018, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X