AI/NPC pauses at certain distance to player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI/NPC pauses at certain distance to player

Something fishy is going on with the Pawn Sensing from the npc when spots the player. Whenever is about to reach the player, it pauses at 7-10 cm away from the player, only when the player is running from the npc.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_3.png Views:	1 Size:	83.7 KB ID:	1490118

It should not pause when is about to touch the player, what is missing in here?

Is it because of this?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_4.png
Views:	70
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	1490119
    Last edited by Maker26; 06-17-2018, 03:50 AM.

Hum...
    im not sure what some of those things go to. But did notice your AI move to..

The next node sets inrange to true
    And if the movement succeeds OR failed sets it to false.

As I presume this is used for an attack or something seems the on success wouldake it true, then when attack is finished it would reset to false....

Comment

Originally posted by Cultusfit View Post
      Hum...
      im not sure what some of those things go to. But did notice your AI move to..

The next node sets inrange to true
      And if the movement succeeds OR failed sets it to false.

As I presume this is used for an attack or something seems the on success wouldake it true, then when attack is finished it would reset to false....
      I am truly planning to implement a attacking system for the NPC, but what you wrote here doesn't seem like a solution for the problem, cause if you knew the solution, you just had to say what I'm supposed to do, not to notice what I did. Try harder next time.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFace_A View Post

I am truly planning to implement a attacking system for the NPC, but what you wrote here doesn't seem like a solution for the problem, cause if you knew the solution, you just had to say what I'm supposed to do, not to notice what I did. Try harder next time.
        Was just wondering if that had something to do with it. If you had the attack system already there (and It wasnt posted if you did) Was thinking that you might be getting close enough that it was TRYING to do the attack system but finding it false so it just stopped moving and did not attack. Appearing as though it just froze.
        As you haven't implemented it that's probably not it then

Comment

Working...
        X