Grapple + Swing capability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapple + Swing capability

I've been working on trying to implement this mechanic into my game for a while, but I can't quite get anything to work. The way I am intending for this mechanic to work is for the grapple to be shot out at any surface, and for you to be able to swing freely from the point you grappled to. I am also trying to implement the ability to climb up and down the rope to shorten the distance between the two actors. The method I have tried line traces to get a hit result off of the surface and from there I try to add a physics constraint to it and I want to add the player character as the second component affected by the constraint. I don't know if this method is possible, but I feel it would provide the most physically accurate results if it is (which is important for the feel of my game). If anyone has any suggestions on how to get a physics constraint working in this context I would appreciate the help. If this is not possible I would also be open to alternative methods that would produce similar results.
Working...
X