Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Set Max Walk Speed play on all the clients?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Set Max Walk Speed play on all the clients?

Hi guys, it's been almost a week i'm on this but i can't seem to find a solution. Basically what this blueprint setup does is it slows down character movement speed when playing an attack animation and returns to base movement speed when the animation is over. I set up a multicast event for the animation but what that does is it slows down movement speed on server and all of the clients. What i'm trying to do is obviously slow down movement speed only for the client who is playing the animation. I tried solving this by running 2 separate events (a multicast for anim montage and a run only on client for the movement speed) but when i do so the server forces the client to move at base movemnt speed and that results in a lot of jitter and no slowing down whatsoever. How can I run the function on server and THAT specific client only?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Here's what debug gives me: 400 is the movement speed (notice how the function is played on all of the clients).
    Click image for larger version  Name:	pawn-owner.PNG Views:	1 Size:	298.0 KB ID:	1486278
    Here's the blueprint
    Click image for larger version  Name:	character-owner.PNG Views:	1 Size:	202.9 KB ID:	1486277
    Last edited by Anis Dude; 06-07-2018, 07:04 PM.

I am not expert of networking, but it is what multicast is doing. Second, why are you using RPC's for animations, additionally worst type of them?

Comment

Working...
    X