Screenshot Function In Packaged Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screenshot Function In Packaged Game

Hi! I have a camera feature in my game that uses the "HighresShot 1" Command when it saves a pic. I have it set up to save the image to my desktop that I specified in the project settings window.

My question is, when I package my game, how would it be possible to have a relative filepath so that the picture would save on another user's PC?

Still looking for an answer. Anyone?

Comment

There is nothing built into the engine that I am aware of that would send this picture across a network to another users PC.
      Something you would have to code in yourself, unless you leverage Steam or some other system that allows screenshot sharing.
      Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

i think op means save to a non hard coded filepath like */user/pictures/screenshots and not something like c:/users/XXmikeXX/pictures
        CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
        Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Originally posted by ixicalibur View Post
          i think op means save to a non hard coded filepath like */user/pictures/screenshots and not something like c:/users/XXmikeXX/pictures
          Yes, this is what I meant thank you

Comment

I'm still trying to figure this one out, any suggestions?

Comment

quick question, where did you set the filepath? was it in a config file? just so i can have a play around and see if i can get something working
              CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
              Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Originally posted by ixicalibur View Post
                quick question, where did you set the filepath? was it in a config file? just so i can have a play around and see if i can get something working
                Sure! The screenshot directory is in the Project Settings under Engine - General Settings

Comment

Working...
                X