Opening save game from main menu and saving level names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening save game from main menu and saving level names

So in this game, I'm making I'm trying to make it save the name of the level that the player is on, and then hitting play in the pause menu when you hit play I want it to open the name of the level that was saved. I'm not sure how to go about doing this and I've tried many different things to try to fix this and all of them have failed. Heres what I have in terms of blueprinting. I'm trying to make it so when you hit play game it uses the name of the level it saved and opens that level.

So you have the variables Save Level just hanging there not connected to anything. So you're not getting anything from those. What you want to do is "Set Save Level" enter the new level name then save it and also make sure to CONNECT it. You should never have anything just not connected unless you're using it for reference.
    Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
    [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
    Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Comment

Heys,

on you can get the current level name, save that, then on the widget load it and use it as the level name to load (if save game doesn't exist, load default map instead).

I wrote a tutorial for that a while ago, but it's for my template, not sure if it helps you much, but still, here is the link if you wanna check it out.
      FPS Game Starter Kit
      Retro Game Starter Kit
      Quiz Game Starter Kit
      Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Thank you guys for the help its much appreciated. I figured out the problem.

Comment

Working...
        X