ledge climb and macro condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ledge climb and macro condition

hi guys i followed the crocopede tutorial and i got a problem at 6.38 it creates a condition that does not work for me I wanted to know if on the 4.18 it was necessary to do something else I have the impression that it does not detect the socket

Have you at least created an empty socket called "Hip Socket" in the skeleton? I did watched the tutorial either and everything worked just fine for me, and I even use my own character and my own animations. Also that condition that is going on in the second image happens only when you press play while you are in the blueprint window while crocopede was on standalone window mode after he clicked play (a mode that automatically simulates your work in a new window instead of direct simulation).

Comment

yes the socket is well created and it has the same name and no I do not simulate I play standalone and I put the window before for the screen

when I remove the condition it works
      Last edited by Sentence59; 05-01-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by proxenete59 View Post
        when I remove the condition it works
        So when you remove that, your character grabs the ledge now? if yes, then you shall continue

Comment

on the first image it works and on the second not work

what is the purpose of this macro?

sorry for my bad english

Comment

"HipToLedgeDistance" in "Min" you forgot to put a 0 in it

Comment

not change anything ^^

Comment

is the character lower or higher when he grabs the ledge?

Comment

do you want me to take a screenshot of the whole thing?

after reboot ue4 it works only once and I can not jump anymore
                  and I teleport to the center of the map
                  size of wall 400 * 400
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sentence59; 05-01-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

and what the sequence after the event tick can bug?

Comment

Try to switch in the "Sequence" the "Then 0" with "Then 1" to stop the character from teleporting to the center of the map. Like this
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	1469602
                      The "CanDoTraceChecks" it's just to make the character stop wall running when it hits the ceiling. You will see it in the other tutorial from crocopede.

Comment

my problem i reverse normal wall noraml and wall trace impact in the macro wall go to but my player
                        do not want to jump anymore

Comment

That "Ledgeheight" variable, it doesn't seem to get named properly. Try to name it "Ledge Height" and not like that you have there. I don't know if variable names are taken into consideration but try it and see if it fixes anything.
                          And with the jump problem, it means that something is blocking the jumping node to work, check and see what's wrong
                          Last edited by Maker26; 05-02-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

I think that of edge interfére with my code

Comment

Whoa, you got way too further with the jumping system. No wonder why your character does not want to work like in the video. You started your complex blueprint too early, making the jump blueprint get confused and not working anymore. Try to copy, create a new empty blueprint for character and paste all of that jumping blueprint in the empty one so you don't have to do all that from the beginning. After that, go back to the character blueprint that has all of the blueprints and make sure there is only the jump input action connected to jump and stop jumping.
                              If you want to make your life easier, then it's best if you start easy and then reach the complex part.

After you done all that, see if it now works properly.

Comment

Working...
                              X