Wall Grab and Sliding issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall Grab and Sliding issues

With the wall grabbing I keep having issues where everytime I have to close UE4 I always save my progress, but when I open it up, the wall grabbing does not work anymore because the character doesn't seem to reach the ledge anymore, even if I already tested it and it worked before I closed the software. Also, the wall sliding doesn't work very properly. When it's doing the wall slide, it only plays the jump loop animation and when it touches the ground, the character is stuck in jump loop animation, without being able to jump anymore.

Here's the blueprint for it:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	1469277Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1469278Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	1469279Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	1469273Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1469276Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1469274Click image for larger version

Name:	
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1469275

The wall sliding is the biggest problem, what is causing it to not stop from sliding? cause I put every node exactly like in the tutorial
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Maker26; 05-01-2018, 02:41 AM.

Also, after the character has done a sliding event, the grab event does not work anymore. No the sliding issue it's not fixed, sliding event stops if I move away from the wall, which that bug shall be removed later

Comment

Nobody know how to fix this issue?
      Edit: Okay, I did something with the above WallSliding_BI by checking the isSliding_BI bool, it wasn't checked for some reason, but the character is still wall sliding If I don't move him away from the wall, it just won't let go of the wall until he finishes his sliding event after touching the ground.
      Also, the grab event doesn't occur because the DoOnce node it's not resetting.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Maker26; 05-02-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

How do I make my character stop from sliding a floating wall or block or anything that can be slided?

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	166
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	1470595

And why isn't the Grab Event not occuring anymore after doing a wall run? It works ok by just jumping towards it, but it gets disabled after doing a wall run. Why does this happen?

Comment

This is gonna be my last post because it seems like nobody knows how to fix the mid air wall sliding.

The other big problem is that in the Do Once node the "Reset" input does NOT get fired at all, making the grab event and the wall sliding event not working anymore. Is it because of the software update or what?

I'm really stressing out right now, I just want to get this bug fixed so I can move on instead of not progressing.

Comment

I Finally found the actual issue! The main problem that caused the wall slide and ledge grab to not work anymore after the wall run event is because I just had to replace the Branch node with a Sequence node, also, disconecting the return value between spheretracebychannel and branch was also a solution but didn't fix completely. Here's how I did

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	170
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	1471410 Whatever version Crocopede was using, it sure wasn't working anymore with the latest version, now it works with a Sequence, not a Branch anymore. This topic has now been solved....FINALLY

Comment

Working...
            X