AI Character will not take damage upon collision with sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AI Character will not take damage upon collision with sword

So I set up a BP that reduces health(inflicts damage) on the AI when my character's sword collision box overlaps with the AI. I posted pictures of the AI sword collision box/AI mesh and the blueprint... What am I doing wrong here?

Originally posted by BP62REG View Post
    So I set up a BP that reduces health(inflicts damage) on the AI when my character's sword collision box overlaps with the AI. I posted pictures of the AI sword collision box/AI mesh and the blueprint... What am I doing wrong here?
    ​​​​​​I see nothing connected to your nodes. So they'll never execute. For collision you'll want to add event on begin overlap on your collision box. Right click the collision box component in the sidebar then find add event on begin play. Coonect your nodes from there.

Also your sequence box... Isn't needed and why there a delay that's connected to nothing.

I also noticed you have 2 cast to ai that has no input. Lol. You still got lots of learning to do.
    Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
    [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
    Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by SkeetonYu View Post

​​​​​​I see nothing connected to your nodes. So they'll never execute. For collision you'll want to add event on begin overlap on your collision box. Right click the collision box component in the sidebar then find add event on begin play. Coonect your nodes from there.

Also your sequence box... Isn't needed and why there a delay that's connected to nothing.

I also noticed you have 2 cast to ai that has no input. Lol. You still got lots of learning to do.
      Thanks for the response so quickly. Good questions. Sequence is there because I'm going to add more stuff later and might as well put it there now instead of adding it later. Delay connected to nothing is because I'm later going to display a "YOU DIED" screen for eight seconds and once it's completed I'm going to reset the level, so I'm delaying the level reset for 8 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by SkeetonYu View Post

​​​​​​I see nothing connected to your nodes. So they'll never execute. For collision you'll want to add event on begin overlap on your collision box. Right click the collision box component in the sidebar then find add event on begin play.
        I tried this but I don't know how to execute when the AI enemy's sword collision box overlaps with my capsule component.

Comment

Working...
        X