Creating a delay between actions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a delay between actions

So I created an input for spawning a wall in-game and set it all up in my BP (pictured below). What I wanna know is after I spawn a wall, how can I create a delay between the next time I want to spawn a wall. For example, I spawn a wall, then I can't spawn another one until a 30 second time limit is up. Thanks for any help!

Easy way to do this is put a "Do Once" Node in front of the input then after the spawning make a delay and put your cooldown in it. Then connect that to reset in the do once node.

The Do Once node well do the input only once until reset. In this case when the delay is over it gets reset and allows input again but only once until the delay is over.

Cheers
    Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
    [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
    Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by SkeetonYu View Post
      Easy way to do this is put a "Do Once" Node in front of the input then after the spawning make a delay and put your cooldown in it. Then connect that to reset in the do once node.

The Do Once node well do the input only once until reset. In this case when the delay is over it gets reset and allows input again but only once until the delay is over.

Cheers
      Actually worked perfectly! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X