Trig Query - Spacing evenly round a circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trig Query - Spacing evenly round a circle

I'm trying to create a blueprint that evenly distributes objects around a circle, with an equal distance between each object no matter the amount. The circle should grow as you add more objects.

I'm getting close, but it doesn't automatically resize as you add objects (in fact it shrinks). I'm sure I'm just missing a simple step and I'd really appreciate someone with better trig knowledge than me to advise.

I the below solution from here: https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/qu...google_rich_qa

Here's what I'm doing in Blueprint:

And here's what's happening in game:
    [The second photo won't for some reason, but it shows more objects in a tighter circle].

Any help appreciated!
    Last edited by Kibblesticks; 04-26-2018, 06:35 AM.

There's an example of doing this in the Example Content(which I'm not sure if it is updated) that use to come with the engine.

If you can find it look for the door example. There a room that has coins that spawn around a point of origin. I don't remember it exactly. It works flawlessly.
    Checkout Project "TwinBlaster" my current game in progress.
    [FREE] - 2D ROPE! Find out more here!
    Forgive my username... It's an old game name and wrote it down as a habit.

Comment

I wrote this a couple of years back and is has served me since; it allows for creating a tilted ellipse, too. Perhaps it will inspire you:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	6
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	1467289

The range (<>) and the default (d) values are in the comments.

Comment

Originally posted by SkeetonYu View Post
        There's an example of doing this in the Example Content(which I'm not sure if it is updated) that use to come with the engine.

If you can find it look for the door example. There a room that has coins that spawn around a point of origin. I don't remember it exactly. It works flawlessly.
        Thanks! I found the content example and tweaked it to suit my needs, really appreciate the info. Also thanks Everynone, I'm saving your solution for the future
        If anyone else stumbles on this question, here's the content example: https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-us/...s_Advanced/1_3

I just set Radius as (No.Of Items) x (A fixed number).

Comment

Working...
        X