Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tessellation

Hi,

How do I check for tessellation support?

If supported spawn object A

If not supported spawn object B

Thanks for help

bump bump bump

Comment

Do you mean like subdividing your mesh in game? I'm sure that's done using LOD.
      Just make lower poly meshes in what ever 3D program and add them as lod meshes in the static mesh editor.
      IF that's what you're asking? :S

Comment

I think he's asking if there is a way to check whether UE has identified that it is running on a machine that supports tesselation in shaders, i.e. if it's DX11(?) compliant or not. Then, knowing that, his game could spawn one or the other of his assets, depending on the availability of said feature.

Unfortunately, while the data probably exists somewhere, I have no idea where to access it

Someone else surely does.

Comment

Hi MiniTurtle,

Please refrain from bumping threads that have not gone unanswered for 4 or more days. This clutters the forums and makes it difficult to parse through and assist users. Thank you.
          Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
          How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Xenome View Post
            I think he's asking if there is a way to check whether UE has identified that it is running on a machine that supports tesselation in shaders, i.e. if it's DX11(?) compliant or not. Then, knowing that, his game could spawn one or the other of his assets, depending on the availability of said feature.

Unfortunately, while the data probably exists somewhere, I have no idea where to access it

Someone else surely does.
            Thats exactly what i'm asking

Comment

Working...
            X